Reggae legends The Wailers are headlining The Nick Rayns LCR in Norwich
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Reggae legends The Wailers are back in Norwich early next year, headlining the Nick Rayns LCR at the UEA on Sunday March 11, 2018.
Steered by famed bassist and founder Aston 'Familyman' Barrett, and joined in solidarity with original Wailers' guitarists Junior Marvin and Donald Kinsey, The Wailers will perform 14 dates across some of the UK's major cities!
Bringing their revolutionary sound to fans around the world, the UK tour will see The Wailers play the iconic Legend album live on stage in its entirety, including its greatest hits Three Little Birds, I Shot the Sheriff, Jammin', and many more.
From 1973 to 1980, Bob Marley & The Wailers recorded, toured, and performed before countless millions worldwide. Since 1981, Familyman and Junior have carried on the mission to 'keep The Wailers together,' just as Bob requested, affirming: 'By doing that, you keep me alive through the music.'
In tribute to the late co-founder and drummer Carlton 'Carly' Barrett, The Wailers present Aston Barrett, Jr. on drums. It's startling how this young powerhouse delivers with his uncle's inspiring trademark style. Lead singer Joshua David Barrett is a Rastaman by lifestyle and culture. Josh delivers Bob's powerful message of Jah love and unity through his performance and interaction with the audience. Also on stage are singers Shema McGregor, daughter of I Three Judy Mowatt, and Hassanah, a multi-cultural powerhouse; veteran Owen 'Dreadie' Reid on guitar/bass, and 'triple bubble king' Javaughn Bond on keyboards.
You may also want to watch:
It's sure to be a great night as reggae fans of all ages come together in Norwich to celebrate the wonderful music of The Wailers with powerful lyrics that still resonate in the 21st century.
March 2018 UK tour dates:
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
02 - O2 Academy in Newcastle
03 - O2 Academy in Leeds
04 - O2 ABC in Glasgow
06 - O2 Academy in Leicester
07 - O2 Academy in Liverpool
08 - O2 Academy in Sheffield
09 - Manchester Academy in Manchester
10 - O2 Institute in Birmingham
11 - The Nick Rayns LCR in Norwich
13 - Rock City in Nottingham
12 - O2 Academy in Bristol
15 - Tramshed in Cardiff
16 - O2 Academy in Bournemouth
17 - Indigo at the O2 in Greenwich, London