Red Arrows to fly at 2009 air show
The world-famous Red Arrows aerobatic team will be coming to this year's Lowestoft Air Show.Kim Briscoe
The world-famous Red Arrows aerobatic team will be coming to this year's Lowestoft Air Show.
Organisers of the 13th Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival have just received the long-awaited and exciting news that the Royal Air Force will be turning out in force again with a full display team headed the Red Arrows.
Appearing with the nine-jet formation team on both days, Thursday, July 23, and Friday, July 24, will be the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, a BAe Hawk solo jet, a Grob Tutor training aircraft and a Sea King search and rescue helicopter.
Paul Bayfield, the festival company's managing director, said: 'Taking nothing for granted, we have been waiting since September to find out if we would receive an RAF allocation for our 2009 festival and I'm pleased to say we have got everything that the RAF is displaying this summer.
You may also want to watch:
'There is no Harrier or Tucano on the circuit this time so we have been very fortunate to get everything else.
'It means we can now go ahead and complete the planning of our four-hour flying display programme.'
- 1 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home
Admission on all four days will be free, although voluntary donations will again be invited to help meet the �300,000 cost of running the show.