Red Arrows to fly at 2009 air show
The world-famous Red Arrows aerobatic team will be coming to this year's Lowestoft Air Show.Kim Briscoe
The world-famous Red Arrows aerobatic team will be coming to this year's Lowestoft Air Show.
Organisers of the 13th Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival have just received the long-awaited and exciting news that the Royal Air Force will be turning out in force again with a full display team headed the Red Arrows.
Appearing with the nine-jet formation team on both days, Thursday, July 23, and Friday, July 24, will be the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, a BAe Hawk solo jet, a Grob Tutor training aircraft and a Sea King search and rescue helicopter.
Paul Bayfield, the festival company's managing director, said: 'Taking nothing for granted, we have been waiting since September to find out if we would receive an RAF allocation for our 2009 festival and I'm pleased to say we have got everything that the RAF is displaying this summer.
You may also want to watch:
'There is no Harrier or Tucano on the circuit this time so we have been very fortunate to get everything else.
'It means we can now go ahead and complete the planning of our four-hour flying display programme.'
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Admission on all four days will be free, although voluntary donations will again be invited to help meet the �300,000 cost of running the show.