Reader poem: Take Me Out For Lunch
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
We're looking for talented word-smiths who would like to see their poems in the Evening News. Here's our favourite from today...
When I awoke this morning my hubby he did shout
'It's such a lovely day dear, I would like to take you out.'
Well I don't get out that often so I had a little hunch
If he's gonna take me out then he can take me out for lunch.
So I get myself all ready and I put on my new top
It was three nine nine from Sainsburys
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
Where I do my weekly shop
I love French food, Italian, Chinese and even Thai
Indians too hot for him and he won't even try.
Carluccios is lovely, even Zaks would be quite nice
I do like Jamie Oliver but he don't much like the price
Fab food is served at Cookies and the view is quite divine
Only problem there is, they won't sell you any wine.
I'm getting quite excited now I hope it's somewhere posh
And I'm really hungry, I could do with some nice nosh
Have you guessed where he is taking me?
Well, it's Great Yarmouth of course
We're having chips on the market
With some extra curry sauce.
If you'd like your poem to be considered email email@example.com