Reader poem: Take Me Out For Lunch
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
We're looking for talented word-smiths who would like to see their poems in the Evening News. Here's our favourite from today...
When I awoke this morning my hubby he did shout
'It's such a lovely day dear, I would like to take you out.'
Well I don't get out that often so I had a little hunch
If he's gonna take me out then he can take me out for lunch.
You may also want to watch:
So I get myself all ready and I put on my new top
It was three nine nine from Sainsburys
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market
Where I do my weekly shop
I love French food, Italian, Chinese and even Thai
Indians too hot for him and he won't even try.
Carluccios is lovely, even Zaks would be quite nice
I do like Jamie Oliver but he don't much like the price
Fab food is served at Cookies and the view is quite divine
Only problem there is, they won't sell you any wine.
I'm getting quite excited now I hope it's somewhere posh
And I'm really hungry, I could do with some nice nosh
Have you guessed where he is taking me?
Well, it's Great Yarmouth of course
We're having chips on the market
With some extra curry sauce.
If you'd like your poem to be considered email firstname.lastname@example.org