Reader opinion: We’ll never be city of culture until we have music venue
- Credit: Archant
We'll never be city of culture until we have music venue
I have just seen the article regarding the upcoming music heading our way.
Let's Rock features some 80s has-beens; Little Mix is just four girls who dance to backing tracks; Take That ditto. Reload will just be the same as Let's Rock.
If that's music – I'm a martian!
Where is the music for rock fans? It's a good job we have the Brickies in Sprowston – it is the only chance to see bands play real music.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jones, Cliff, Thetford Forest might be OK if that floats your boat, but why oh why can't we have an outdoor festival of rock music with Metallica, Saxon, Europe, Thunder, Black Stone Cherry, Soundgarden.
These bands have all played at Knebworth and Donnington, if these places can accommodate them, why can't Norwich?
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
We will never be a city of culture unless we build a proper purpose built concert venue.
That £180million wasted on the NDR could have been used for such a venue.
Tony Self, Blithewood Gardens, Sprowston.