Reader opinion: We’ll never be city of culture until we have music venue
- Credit: Archant
We'll never be city of culture until we have music venue
I have just seen the article regarding the upcoming music heading our way.
Let's Rock features some 80s has-beens; Little Mix is just four girls who dance to backing tracks; Take That ditto. Reload will just be the same as Let's Rock.
If that's music – I'm a martian!
Where is the music for rock fans? It's a good job we have the Brickies in Sprowston – it is the only chance to see bands play real music.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jones, Cliff, Thetford Forest might be OK if that floats your boat, but why oh why can't we have an outdoor festival of rock music with Metallica, Saxon, Europe, Thunder, Black Stone Cherry, Soundgarden.
These bands have all played at Knebworth and Donnington, if these places can accommodate them, why can't Norwich?
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 5 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
We will never be a city of culture unless we build a proper purpose built concert venue.
That £180million wasted on the NDR could have been used for such a venue.
Tony Self, Blithewood Gardens, Sprowston.