Reader letter: What’s the point of all the Norwich roadworks?
- Credit: Archant
Hardly a day goes by that we do not hear of yet another traffic 'improvement' plan in the city, or, as appeared in a recent copy of the Evening News, the need to put right another 'oversight' by the Transport for Norwich committee.
As well as the incredible cost of the works in Tombland, we have had to endure the chaos in the area around John Lewis and the closure of Westlegate.
The question has to be asked, what are the benefits of all this work? I guess the majority of visitors or business owners would say, very few.
Can I please make, at this time, a heartfelt plea for the future to immediately abandon the ill thought-out, farcical proposal to close Prince of Wales Road to cars and make one of the narrowest roads in the city, Rose Lane, two way.
I cannot even begin to list the problems this would cause.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone knowing or using the area can work it out for themselves.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus