Reader letter: What’s the point of all the Norwich roadworks?
- Credit: Archant
Hardly a day goes by that we do not hear of yet another traffic 'improvement' plan in the city, or, as appeared in a recent copy of the Evening News, the need to put right another 'oversight' by the Transport for Norwich committee.
As well as the incredible cost of the works in Tombland, we have had to endure the chaos in the area around John Lewis and the closure of Westlegate.
The question has to be asked, what are the benefits of all this work? I guess the majority of visitors or business owners would say, very few.
Can I please make, at this time, a heartfelt plea for the future to immediately abandon the ill thought-out, farcical proposal to close Prince of Wales Road to cars and make one of the narrowest roads in the city, Rose Lane, two way.
I cannot even begin to list the problems this would cause.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone knowing or using the area can work it out for themselves.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears