Reader Letter: Paper packaging is the answer to the environmental crisis we face
- Credit: PA
One reader thinks paper packaging is the way to go. Do you agree?
More needs to be done about the plastic plague. I am pleased to see there are some firms willing to make an effort concerning the plastic plague we have. I don't think enough people understand or care.
The sea is full of tiny fragments of plastic. Anyone who knows about fishing will tell you mackerel will take anything. This means it will get into our food chain.
Much more needs to be done.
When one thinks of litter, crisp packets come to mind. When I was a boy in the early 50s you could only get one brand. That was plain crisps with a little twist of salt produced by Smiths crisps factory at Great Yarmouth. So what you might ask; well they were in paper bags. Nothing wrong with that, perfect, tasty crisps.
You may also want to watch:
I can't help feeling health and hygiene with their food wrapping regulations are the main culprits of this disastrous situation.
Perhaps this letter will reach the director of Walkers crisps, they might decide paper is the only solution. But no, I am only dreaming . . .
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org