Reader Letter: Paper packaging is the answer to the environmental crisis we face
- Credit: PA
One reader thinks paper packaging is the way to go. Do you agree?
More needs to be done about the plastic plague. I am pleased to see there are some firms willing to make an effort concerning the plastic plague we have. I don't think enough people understand or care.
The sea is full of tiny fragments of plastic. Anyone who knows about fishing will tell you mackerel will take anything. This means it will get into our food chain.
Much more needs to be done.
When one thinks of litter, crisp packets come to mind. When I was a boy in the early 50s you could only get one brand. That was plain crisps with a little twist of salt produced by Smiths crisps factory at Great Yarmouth. So what you might ask; well they were in paper bags. Nothing wrong with that, perfect, tasty crisps.
You may also want to watch:
I can't help feeling health and hygiene with their food wrapping regulations are the main culprits of this disastrous situation.
Perhaps this letter will reach the director of Walkers crisps, they might decide paper is the only solution. But no, I am only dreaming . . .
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com