Reader letter: Troubled by a noisy train at Postwick
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Can someone explain to me and the rest of the county, as no doubt everyone can hear it, why the Abellio diesel train has to go out at 1am and then again at 2am, disturbing everyone's sleep?
After all, we have to put up with it every hour of every day anyway.
It now appears we are going to have to suffer this for another nine years, but when are we going to get the nice quiet one which was promised by Abellio?
The one which does not add to the pollution which it would appear the country already suffers from, according to the latest news reports.
I wait in anticipation but will not hold my breath.
You may also want to watch:
I will probably be killed by the pollution first.
Nadine Parfitt, Cullings Hill, Postwick
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?