Reader Letter: The young are the future of this country
- Credit: Archant
I have always believed that the young are our country's future and any failings they have the blame should be put firmly on the older generation who have been a failure and not the young.
Brexit has turned out to be the root of all evil and has divided the nation like nothing else ever has and will continue to do so for years.
Nothing will change the Referendum result, we will leave the EU for good but the result has shown that we are a nation of closet racists who still long for the day when we ruled the world and hope those days will come again.
The majority of people who voted in the Referendum voted to leave but the majority of people who live in the UK did not.
That is the result of our voting system today.
When we leave who do we blame for our troubles when we cannot blame the EU and the last thing we need now is starting a war between the young and the old.
The good old days are gone for good (for many of us they were at times not so good) and we should look for the future and that will rest on our young in the long term and not the old.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
David M Coe, Rosebery Road, Norwich