Reader Letter: The young are the future of this country
- Credit: Archant
I have always believed that the young are our country's future and any failings they have the blame should be put firmly on the older generation who have been a failure and not the young.
Brexit has turned out to be the root of all evil and has divided the nation like nothing else ever has and will continue to do so for years.
Nothing will change the Referendum result, we will leave the EU for good but the result has shown that we are a nation of closet racists who still long for the day when we ruled the world and hope those days will come again.
The majority of people who voted in the Referendum voted to leave but the majority of people who live in the UK did not.
That is the result of our voting system today.
When we leave who do we blame for our troubles when we cannot blame the EU and the last thing we need now is starting a war between the young and the old.
The good old days are gone for good (for many of us they were at times not so good) and we should look for the future and that will rest on our young in the long term and not the old.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 4 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 5 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 8 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 9 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
David M Coe, Rosebery Road, Norwich