Reader Letter: The young are the future of this country
- Credit: Archant
I have always believed that the young are our country's future and any failings they have the blame should be put firmly on the older generation who have been a failure and not the young.
Brexit has turned out to be the root of all evil and has divided the nation like nothing else ever has and will continue to do so for years.
Nothing will change the Referendum result, we will leave the EU for good but the result has shown that we are a nation of closet racists who still long for the day when we ruled the world and hope those days will come again.
The majority of people who voted in the Referendum voted to leave but the majority of people who live in the UK did not.
That is the result of our voting system today.
You may also want to watch:
When we leave who do we blame for our troubles when we cannot blame the EU and the last thing we need now is starting a war between the young and the old.
The good old days are gone for good (for many of us they were at times not so good) and we should look for the future and that will rest on our young in the long term and not the old.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
David M Coe, Rosebery Road, Norwich