Reader Letter: The young are the future of this country
- Credit: Archant
I have always believed that the young are our country's future and any failings they have the blame should be put firmly on the older generation who have been a failure and not the young.
Brexit has turned out to be the root of all evil and has divided the nation like nothing else ever has and will continue to do so for years.
Nothing will change the Referendum result, we will leave the EU for good but the result has shown that we are a nation of closet racists who still long for the day when we ruled the world and hope those days will come again.
The majority of people who voted in the Referendum voted to leave but the majority of people who live in the UK did not.
That is the result of our voting system today.
You may also want to watch:
When we leave who do we blame for our troubles when we cannot blame the EU and the last thing we need now is starting a war between the young and the old.
The good old days are gone for good (for many of us they were at times not so good) and we should look for the future and that will rest on our young in the long term and not the old.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
David M Coe, Rosebery Road, Norwich