Reader Letter: The cost of protests
- Credit: Archant
One reader thinks the cost of policing protests should be publicised. What do you think?
Paul Milner's letter (EN, July 16) regarding the futility of the demonstrations against Donald Trump's visit to the UK is spot on.
We all know that Trump is a bit of a maverick, pulls no punches, and is liked or disliked, depending on your point of view, as are the majority of politicians.
The one thing about the past few days that has annoyed me though, is the focus on the cost of policing the President's visit, with all the security issues that go with it.
But hardly a mention of the massive costs, of having to deploy huge numbers of police, to control the thousands of protesters, that have clogged up the streets in major cities, with their ineffectual actions.
You may also want to watch:
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults