Reader Letter: The cost of protests
- Credit: Archant
One reader thinks the cost of policing protests should be publicised. What do you think?
Paul Milner's letter (EN, July 16) regarding the futility of the demonstrations against Donald Trump's visit to the UK is spot on.
We all know that Trump is a bit of a maverick, pulls no punches, and is liked or disliked, depending on your point of view, as are the majority of politicians.
The one thing about the past few days that has annoyed me though, is the focus on the cost of policing the President's visit, with all the security issues that go with it.
But hardly a mention of the massive costs, of having to deploy huge numbers of police, to control the thousands of protesters, that have clogged up the streets in major cities, with their ineffectual actions.
You may also want to watch:
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines