Reader Letter: Thank you for a great weekend at the Flintspiration festival in Norwich
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thanks for a great city festival
As a Norwich citizen immensely proud of 'our' great city in all that it contains, I would like to say a very special thank you to all in Norwich Historic Churches' Trust, who have worked so hard to make such a special first ever Flintspiration festival, for young and old alike, may it be the first of many to follow.
MORE: Flintspiration festival celebrating Norwich's churches proves a hit with all agesOver the weekend the streets of our city have been awash with Norwich people and visitors like, armed with the Flintspiration brochure enjoying wonderful churches and indeed everything.
From a historical point it has been great that the connection between church and Morris dancers (which has spanned several centuries) still continues.
It is great to see outside churches the Morris dancers performing. In spite of the rain early on Mayday morning it has been a wonderful festival.
Again many thanks to the Norwich Historic Churches' Trust and to our forefathers responsible for building so many beautiful churches in our fine city.
You may also want to watch:
Jean M Pond, Woodcock Road, Norwich.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 4 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 5 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 8 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 9 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 10 'If you have a passion, run with it': Nursery boss opens third site