Reader letter: State of Diana memorial in Castle Gardens is a disgrace
- Credit: Archant
Recently I took this photo of the Diana memorial in the Castle Gardens.
It is supposed to be a beautiful rose garden for us to remember her, but it was a mass of weeds.
I think it is a disgrace. Surely there could be some way of getting this sorted out, either by volunteers or community service.
How can she be forgotten in such a way after she touched so many people's lives?
Wendy Maxwell, Norwich
You may also want to watch:
•Letters editor: as reported in the Evening News on June 30, a city-based group, the Urban Warrior Gardeners, have now agreed to step in and look after the memorial.
•Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 5 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich