READER LETTER: Anger at new referendum calls
- Credit: PA
I am now getting so angry with reference to all the comments that I hear on the television and read in some of the papers when people want to have another referendum!
No, no, no, no! If parliament does vote for such a thing, the people who have voted to leave may well change their minds – not because they really want to stay but because the process has just taken so long; in fact too long to come to a final agreement with the EU who, clearly, do not want the UK to leave and become independent from them!
We would still trade with the EU but on our terms which, if they do not agree with them, would mean that they would lose selling their products and lose the income which they need.
Coming away from the EU with no deal would be difficult and may leave some 'bleeding wounds', but even wounds can be healed and I am sure that in a very short time we would all become friendly again, as in the days before becoming a state of the EU and this mess would be put behind us all.
I certainly look forward to those days and pray that we will see them and become a great nation, admired by the rest of the world as in days of yore!
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 8 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 9 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 10 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards