READER LETTER: Anger at new referendum calls
- Credit: PA
I am now getting so angry with reference to all the comments that I hear on the television and read in some of the papers when people want to have another referendum!
No, no, no, no! If parliament does vote for such a thing, the people who have voted to leave may well change their minds – not because they really want to stay but because the process has just taken so long; in fact too long to come to a final agreement with the EU who, clearly, do not want the UK to leave and become independent from them!
We would still trade with the EU but on our terms which, if they do not agree with them, would mean that they would lose selling their products and lose the income which they need.
Coming away from the EU with no deal would be difficult and may leave some 'bleeding wounds', but even wounds can be healed and I am sure that in a very short time we would all become friendly again, as in the days before becoming a state of the EU and this mess would be put behind us all.
I certainly look forward to those days and pray that we will see them and become a great nation, admired by the rest of the world as in days of yore!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week