READER LETTER: Anger at new referendum calls
- Credit: PA
I am now getting so angry with reference to all the comments that I hear on the television and read in some of the papers when people want to have another referendum!
No, no, no, no! If parliament does vote for such a thing, the people who have voted to leave may well change their minds – not because they really want to stay but because the process has just taken so long; in fact too long to come to a final agreement with the EU who, clearly, do not want the UK to leave and become independent from them!
We would still trade with the EU but on our terms which, if they do not agree with them, would mean that they would lose selling their products and lose the income which they need.
Coming away from the EU with no deal would be difficult and may leave some 'bleeding wounds', but even wounds can be healed and I am sure that in a very short time we would all become friendly again, as in the days before becoming a state of the EU and this mess would be put behind us all.
I certainly look forward to those days and pray that we will see them and become a great nation, admired by the rest of the world as in days of yore!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich