Reader Letter: We must remember airmen who gave their lives
- Credit: Archant
One reader thinks it's important to show gratitude to those who served the Royal Air Force. What do you think?
Every year that Norwich has the chance to help the Armed Forces there is little mentioned either in the press or local television.
The weeks before the Great Yarmouth Air Show, the Royal Norfolk Show and the Old Buckenham Air Show there are weeks of publicity, this year we even had to share the Forum with an antiques fair, and outside an interruption from an NHS rally.
Most of the servicemen who were there on Saturday served this country well and deserved some courtesy, this being the 100 years of the forming of the Royal Air Force.
We must remember all those airmen who gave their lives for this country which seems to have been forgotten over the years.
You may also want to watch:
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city