Reader letter: Proposed petrol station and restaurant complex at Postwick Hub would be a nightmare
- Credit: Mike Page
I along with several other 'Postwickiens' and some from Brundall, went to a public presentationto see what we are going to have landed on our doorsteps next further to the proposed planning application, and there was a universal cry of 'what a nightmare' it would be.
Drive-through restaurants, a pub and petrol station have been proposed for Postwick Hub.
Can anyone imagine what chaos this is going to cause?
We in the village will not be able to get in or out, there will be traffic continuously going up the road, down the road, round the roundabout to get in or out of their destination, lighting from all relevant buildings will be on 24/7 so will resemble the Blackpool illuminations.
I asked the man who was (very bravely I have to say) answering questions: 'Why do they feel it necessary to build all this there?'
You may also want to watch:
He said it was what was needed.
It was pointed out that we have a massive Sainsbury's and petrol station a quarter of a mile down the road.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 9 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
Surely it would be better to put it somewhere on the A47 between the Acle roundabout and Blofield heath bridge, where it would be more viable and would not disturb anyone.
The are so many horrendous developments going on in Postwick at the moment and this will be another nail in the coffin.
This must not be allowed to happen.
If it will affect you, or even if you care, please write and state your concerns to Broadland District Council Planning Department.
Nadine Parfitt, Cullings Hill, Postwick