Reader Letter: I applaud Prince William for peace goals
- Credit: Matthew Usher
One reader thinks Prince William deserves to be praised for his intentions. Do you agree?
For all the monarchy's traditional links to the military, I would like on this occasion to commend Prince William's recent statement that he wishes to make achieving peace in the Middle East his main mission and priority during his tenure.
Peace in the Middle East means peace in the whole world, so this is all the more laudable.
For too long peace has had to take a background role while war, jingoism and conflict have been allowed to dictate the agenda, aided and abetted by the media, incompetent governments and regimes.
This anniversary year of the ending of World War One and official end to all war forever, could not be a better one for the current madness and addiction to end. The economic benefits alone, not to mention all the others such as ending poverty, fear, injustice, inequality and the refugee crisis, indicate that peace is the only wise and sensible course to follow.
You may also want to watch:
To quote Tony Benn, 'All wars are a sign of failure of diplomacy'. I for one, for all my reservations about the palace, wholeheartedly endorse the Prince in his intention.
Peace is achievable.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com