Reader Letter: I applaud Prince William for peace goals
- Credit: Matthew Usher
One reader thinks Prince William deserves to be praised for his intentions. Do you agree?
For all the monarchy's traditional links to the military, I would like on this occasion to commend Prince William's recent statement that he wishes to make achieving peace in the Middle East his main mission and priority during his tenure.
Peace in the Middle East means peace in the whole world, so this is all the more laudable.
For too long peace has had to take a background role while war, jingoism and conflict have been allowed to dictate the agenda, aided and abetted by the media, incompetent governments and regimes.
This anniversary year of the ending of World War One and official end to all war forever, could not be a better one for the current madness and addiction to end. The economic benefits alone, not to mention all the others such as ending poverty, fear, injustice, inequality and the refugee crisis, indicate that peace is the only wise and sensible course to follow.
You may also want to watch:
To quote Tony Benn, 'All wars are a sign of failure of diplomacy'. I for one, for all my reservations about the palace, wholeheartedly endorse the Prince in his intention.
Peace is achievable.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com