Reader Letter: Praise for marvellous NHS staff at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2008
One hears and reads of so many frustrations and concerns about the NHS, I would like to put my own experiences on record.
Since the end of November last year, there have been many occasions when my husband had to attend the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for both treatment and outpatients appointments and, as a result of these frequent visits I have nothing but praise for the staff.
All the doctors and nurses in the Colney Centre, including the emergency Acute Oncology team have been marvellous. One was never felt to be too much trouble and my husband was treated with both empathy and dignity.
After his final discharge a few weeks ago, care at home was arranged for him by the N&N through the Priscilla Bacon Lodge palliative care team. These staff came out twice a day to help bath and settle him and on the last evening there was even someone allocated to sit with him throughout the night.
Unfortunately, he died rather sooner than anticipated, but nevertheless I felt I wanted to praise those medical staff who had looked after him, both in hospital and at home and in addition the Paston Surgery GP practice in North Walsham and the district nurses based at the Hub at the North Walsham Cottage Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Sheila Gadsden, Happisburgh Road, North Walsham
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich