Reader Letter: Praise for marvellous NHS staff at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2008
One hears and reads of so many frustrations and concerns about the NHS, I would like to put my own experiences on record.
Since the end of November last year, there have been many occasions when my husband had to attend the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for both treatment and outpatients appointments and, as a result of these frequent visits I have nothing but praise for the staff.
All the doctors and nurses in the Colney Centre, including the emergency Acute Oncology team have been marvellous. One was never felt to be too much trouble and my husband was treated with both empathy and dignity.
After his final discharge a few weeks ago, care at home was arranged for him by the N&N through the Priscilla Bacon Lodge palliative care team. These staff came out twice a day to help bath and settle him and on the last evening there was even someone allocated to sit with him throughout the night.
Unfortunately, he died rather sooner than anticipated, but nevertheless I felt I wanted to praise those medical staff who had looked after him, both in hospital and at home and in addition the Paston Surgery GP practice in North Walsham and the district nurses based at the Hub at the North Walsham Cottage Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Sheila Gadsden, Happisburgh Road, North Walsham
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September