Reader Letter: Track near Drayton Road Aldi needs a footbridge
One reader thinks people are in danger of falling into the dike with the current track. What do you think?
I often see adults and children walking along a hazardous and mucky dirt track, beside a dike, from Dolphin Footpath to Aldi/Home Bargains car park in Norwich.
May I suggest that the council (with contributions from Aldi/Home Bargains) erect a small footbridge
which crosses the dike directly from Marriotts Way to the car park of the shops.
This would enhance the safety of the adults and children from the Heigham Street district who are in danger of falling into the dike on their present journey.
You may also want to watch:
Such a bridge would also benefit the shops because some of the public who pass along the cycle path may pop in for sandwiches and refreshments and groceries as also would some of those people from Andersons Meadow and perhaps Costessey and Hellesdon.
A bridge would also benefit the staff of the shops who now use the present dangerous path.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org