Reader Letter: Track near Drayton Road Aldi needs a footbridge
One reader thinks people are in danger of falling into the dike with the current track. What do you think?
I often see adults and children walking along a hazardous and mucky dirt track, beside a dike, from Dolphin Footpath to Aldi/Home Bargains car park in Norwich.
May I suggest that the council (with contributions from Aldi/Home Bargains) erect a small footbridge
which crosses the dike directly from Marriotts Way to the car park of the shops.
This would enhance the safety of the adults and children from the Heigham Street district who are in danger of falling into the dike on their present journey.
You may also want to watch:
Such a bridge would also benefit the shops because some of the public who pass along the cycle path may pop in for sandwiches and refreshments and groceries as also would some of those people from Andersons Meadow and perhaps Costessey and Hellesdon.
A bridge would also benefit the staff of the shops who now use the present dangerous path.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org