Reader Letter: Track near Drayton Road Aldi needs a footbridge
One reader thinks people are in danger of falling into the dike with the current track. What do you think?
I often see adults and children walking along a hazardous and mucky dirt track, beside a dike, from Dolphin Footpath to Aldi/Home Bargains car park in Norwich.
May I suggest that the council (with contributions from Aldi/Home Bargains) erect a small footbridge
which crosses the dike directly from Marriotts Way to the car park of the shops.
This would enhance the safety of the adults and children from the Heigham Street district who are in danger of falling into the dike on their present journey.
You may also want to watch:
Such a bridge would also benefit the shops because some of the public who pass along the cycle path may pop in for sandwiches and refreshments and groceries as also would some of those people from Andersons Meadow and perhaps Costessey and Hellesdon.
A bridge would also benefit the staff of the shops who now use the present dangerous path.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org