Reader letter: Norwich Society must better explain removal of Magdalen Street flyover
If the Norwich Society want their ideas to be taken seriously, they must explain just what they mean.
They mention the removal of the flyover at Magdalen Street.
Would the inner link road be replaced by a ground level road which crosses Magdalen Street and would there be traffic lights to impede the motorists using the new ground level road, or would Magdalen Street be closed to all vehicles other than those crossing on the link road?
How will pedestrians cross the link road?
If there is no bus along Magdalen Street then how will the people who cannot walk far get to any new Anglia Square development or to Magdalen Street shops?
This is just one of their ideas, but until they explain any ideas properly they should not be allowed to waste the time of our councillors or council officers.
Martin Wilby, the chairman of the development and transport committee, mentions that the safety of pedestrians is important and I think that the Norwich Society should perhaps be giving some thought to their safety.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 3 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 8 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 9 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 10 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
Obviously footpaths should be cleared of all clutter and cars and bins should not be on footpaths and perhaps the Norwich Society could come up with ideas to solve this problem and to make Norwich a more pleasant place for people to visit.
•Stanley Copland, Old Farm Lane, Norwich
•Send your letters to email@example.com