Reader letter: Norwich Society must better explain removal of Magdalen Street flyover
If the Norwich Society want their ideas to be taken seriously, they must explain just what they mean.
They mention the removal of the flyover at Magdalen Street.
Would the inner link road be replaced by a ground level road which crosses Magdalen Street and would there be traffic lights to impede the motorists using the new ground level road, or would Magdalen Street be closed to all vehicles other than those crossing on the link road?
How will pedestrians cross the link road?
If there is no bus along Magdalen Street then how will the people who cannot walk far get to any new Anglia Square development or to Magdalen Street shops?
You may also want to watch:
This is just one of their ideas, but until they explain any ideas properly they should not be allowed to waste the time of our councillors or council officers.
Martin Wilby, the chairman of the development and transport committee, mentions that the safety of pedestrians is important and I think that the Norwich Society should perhaps be giving some thought to their safety.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
Obviously footpaths should be cleared of all clutter and cars and bins should not be on footpaths and perhaps the Norwich Society could come up with ideas to solve this problem and to make Norwich a more pleasant place for people to visit.
•Stanley Copland, Old Farm Lane, Norwich
•Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org