Reader letter: No need to pedestrianise any more of Norwich city centre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Surely enough is enough. The roundabout at the end of Ber Street works well.
There is no need to pedestrianise All Saints Green, as pedestrians only cross by John Lewis or at the traffic lights.
The route through All Saints Green at present provides good access to Queens Road via the existing traffic lights or via Surrey Street.
The entire length of All Saints Green opposite John Lewis and WI headquarters to the traffic lights would make ideal Blue Badge disabled parking and help to replace former parking lost and be a pleasant gesture to disabled drivers who have been largely ignored and forgotten by our councillors and officials.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich
•What do you think? Send your letters to email@example.com or leave your comments below.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre