Reader letter: No need to pedestrianise any more of Norwich city centre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Surely enough is enough. The roundabout at the end of Ber Street works well.
There is no need to pedestrianise All Saints Green, as pedestrians only cross by John Lewis or at the traffic lights.
The route through All Saints Green at present provides good access to Queens Road via the existing traffic lights or via Surrey Street.
The entire length of All Saints Green opposite John Lewis and WI headquarters to the traffic lights would make ideal Blue Badge disabled parking and help to replace former parking lost and be a pleasant gesture to disabled drivers who have been largely ignored and forgotten by our councillors and officials.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich
You may also want to watch:
•What do you think? Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your comments below.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich