Reader letter: No need to pedestrianise any more of Norwich city centre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Surely enough is enough. The roundabout at the end of Ber Street works well.
There is no need to pedestrianise All Saints Green, as pedestrians only cross by John Lewis or at the traffic lights.
The route through All Saints Green at present provides good access to Queens Road via the existing traffic lights or via Surrey Street.
The entire length of All Saints Green opposite John Lewis and WI headquarters to the traffic lights would make ideal Blue Badge disabled parking and help to replace former parking lost and be a pleasant gesture to disabled drivers who have been largely ignored and forgotten by our councillors and officials.
John Wellings, Harvey Lane, Norwich
You may also want to watch:
•What do you think? Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your comments below.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September