Reader Letter: Mechanisation is causing unemployment in our city’s shops
- Credit: Archant Norfolk 2010
I am becoming very concerned about the number of machines we are expected to use.
In Poundland in Anglia Square, one has to use a machine to pay for one's purchases.
Also in the Post Office on St Stephens, if one does not want to wait in a queue, you have to use a machine to get stamps.
There are other establishments who use machines for their customers to pay, supermarkets, etc.
One day there just won't be any personal service, only machines.
You may also want to watch:
Using machines causes unemployment, and many over 60s will find this automation difficult, when one gets older, technical things get beyond us.
I feel this situation is very worrying, there will be machines, with more unemployment.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 8 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
June Wilson, Brewers Court, Norwich