Reader letter: Join us to discuss how to stop the stampede to war
- Credit: AP
The Trump speech to the United Nations marks a new low even for this president.
Fixing on North Korea, whose president he derided as 'rocket man', he claimed that the US would have no choice but to destroy the country to 'defend itself'.
Apparently this brought gasps from those politicians and diplomats unfortunate enough to have to listen to this speech.
When the tension between the US and North Korea is already at high levels over nuclear testing on one hand and the siting of US troops and missiles on the other, Trump's speech is designed to ratchet these up even further.
Tonight at 7pm, at Friends' Meeting House, Upper Goat Lane, Norwich NR2 1EW, Norfolk CND and Norwich Stop the War Coalition will be jointly hosting a public meeting on this issue, to which all are invited.
You may also want to watch:
Speakers are Ian Chamberlain, National Officer, Stop the War Coalition, Adrian Holmes (Green Party) and Ra Mason (lecturer in International Relations and Japanese Foreign Policy).
Join us to discuss how to stop the stampede to war.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse