Reader Letter: It’s not Greater Anglia’s trains, it’s the tracks which are the problem
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia Trains reveal their new rolling stock and the media celebrate … Front page news.
Instead of spending £1.4 billion on carriages Greater Anglia should be tackling Network Rail to get the track replaced. It will be two years before the carriages from Switzerland come on track.
The track is not fit for purpose where freight takes preference over passengers. We need a HS2 to London not Swiss-made carriages. How about paying the Swiss engineers to design a solution?
British Rail should be nationalised and a new track airlifted from Switzerland to provide a 21st century commute to London.
I wonder if the many people moving from London to buy cheaper property in Norfolk realise how dreadful the commute is to London even at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Callaghan, Priory Close, Alpington
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
- 10 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash