Reader Letter: It’s not Greater Anglia’s trains, it’s the tracks which are the problem
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia Trains reveal their new rolling stock and the media celebrate … Front page news.
Instead of spending £1.4 billion on carriages Greater Anglia should be tackling Network Rail to get the track replaced. It will be two years before the carriages from Switzerland come on track.
The track is not fit for purpose where freight takes preference over passengers. We need a HS2 to London not Swiss-made carriages. How about paying the Swiss engineers to design a solution?
British Rail should be nationalised and a new track airlifted from Switzerland to provide a 21st century commute to London.
I wonder if the many people moving from London to buy cheaper property in Norfolk realise how dreadful the commute is to London even at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Callaghan, Priory Close, Alpington
- 1 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 2 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 3 Norwich pub to host Christmas market and Disney breakfast
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 'We've lost £300,000': Bar owner slams £1,000 grant 'insult'
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 Man admits murdering man found in city woodland after row over drugs
- 10 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions