Reader Letter: It’s not Greater Anglia’s trains, it’s the tracks which are the problem
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia Trains reveal their new rolling stock and the media celebrate … Front page news.
Instead of spending £1.4 billion on carriages Greater Anglia should be tackling Network Rail to get the track replaced. It will be two years before the carriages from Switzerland come on track.
The track is not fit for purpose where freight takes preference over passengers. We need a HS2 to London not Swiss-made carriages. How about paying the Swiss engineers to design a solution?
British Rail should be nationalised and a new track airlifted from Switzerland to provide a 21st century commute to London.
I wonder if the many people moving from London to buy cheaper property in Norfolk realise how dreadful the commute is to London even at weekends.
Tony Callaghan, Priory Close, Alpington
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid