Reader Letter: It’s not Greater Anglia’s trains, it’s the tracks which are the problem
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia Trains reveal their new rolling stock and the media celebrate … Front page news.
Instead of spending £1.4 billion on carriages Greater Anglia should be tackling Network Rail to get the track replaced. It will be two years before the carriages from Switzerland come on track.
The track is not fit for purpose where freight takes preference over passengers. We need a HS2 to London not Swiss-made carriages. How about paying the Swiss engineers to design a solution?
British Rail should be nationalised and a new track airlifted from Switzerland to provide a 21st century commute to London.
I wonder if the many people moving from London to buy cheaper property in Norfolk realise how dreadful the commute is to London even at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Callaghan, Priory Close, Alpington
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 5 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 6 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September