Reader Letter: Suggestions to improve the NDR
- Credit: Archant
One reader has a suggestion for how to make the NDR better. What do you think?
Further the various letters regarding the NDR roundabouts, I would like to make my contribution to the debate. I have been a driver since 1963 and I feel that I have a reasonable take on the issue.
The NDR road is great, but there are two issues which I have recognised which I think could be improved.
Firstly, the directional arrows on the roundabouts are too far to the left, in my opinion, they should appear further to the right so they can be seen way back as you approach the roundabout at speed, this would improve the warning that you will have to slow down and go left, not when you are already on the roundabout.
Secondly, may I suggest to the planners that they delete the lane lines on say one roundabout as a test for one month, this would show that drivers do not need to be channelled into such tight lanes.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a single line in the middle of the road then as you go around the roundabout drivers will approach and negotiate the roundabout according to which exit they want.
The lanes as they are currently are laid out and give no room for error and drivers are using the lanes to pass on the inside as well as going all the way around the outside lane in order to turn off on a much later exit.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
I think my suggestion is worth a month's trial run.
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org