Reader letter: ‘I was caught out by parking at Earlham House shopping centre early on’
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I was one of the people who got caught on this car park early on.
I always used to park along the side and had done for about 30 years.
Admittedly I didn't read beyond the 'two hours free shopping' sign and thought I was OK.
Had it been a few weeks later I would have been, as it is now a legitimate parking area, but apparently, it wasn't at first.
I am a supporter of small shops and businesses but felt they could have done more to help their customers with regard to this issue.
You may also want to watch:
When the parking at the library on Colman Road changed there was a large notice in the library to warn us all. I appealed, but only ended up paying more.
There is only one way to stop this, boycott the shops, which I have done for the past three years, as I feel until now they haven't been interested enough to help their customers.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
•Valerie Whitehead, Guardian Road, Norwich
•Send your letters for publication to email@example.com and leave your comments below.