Reader letter: ‘I was caught out by parking at Earlham House shopping centre early on’
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I was one of the people who got caught on this car park early on.
I always used to park along the side and had done for about 30 years.
Admittedly I didn't read beyond the 'two hours free shopping' sign and thought I was OK.
Had it been a few weeks later I would have been, as it is now a legitimate parking area, but apparently, it wasn't at first.
I am a supporter of small shops and businesses but felt they could have done more to help their customers with regard to this issue.
When the parking at the library on Colman Road changed there was a large notice in the library to warn us all. I appealed, but only ended up paying more.
There is only one way to stop this, boycott the shops, which I have done for the past three years, as I feel until now they haven't been interested enough to help their customers.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 3 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 4 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
•Valerie Whitehead, Guardian Road, Norwich
•Send your letters for publication to email@example.com and leave your comments below.