Reader letter: ‘I was caught out by parking at Earlham House shopping centre early on’
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I was one of the people who got caught on this car park early on.
I always used to park along the side and had done for about 30 years.
Admittedly I didn't read beyond the 'two hours free shopping' sign and thought I was OK.
Had it been a few weeks later I would have been, as it is now a legitimate parking area, but apparently, it wasn't at first.
I am a supporter of small shops and businesses but felt they could have done more to help their customers with regard to this issue.
You may also want to watch:
When the parking at the library on Colman Road changed there was a large notice in the library to warn us all. I appealed, but only ended up paying more.
There is only one way to stop this, boycott the shops, which I have done for the past three years, as I feel until now they haven't been interested enough to help their customers.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
•Valerie Whitehead, Guardian Road, Norwich
•Send your letters for publication to email@example.com and leave your comments below.