Reader letter: ‘I was caught out by parking at Earlham House shopping centre early on’
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I was one of the people who got caught on this car park early on.
I always used to park along the side and had done for about 30 years.
Admittedly I didn't read beyond the 'two hours free shopping' sign and thought I was OK.
Had it been a few weeks later I would have been, as it is now a legitimate parking area, but apparently, it wasn't at first.
I am a supporter of small shops and businesses but felt they could have done more to help their customers with regard to this issue.
When the parking at the library on Colman Road changed there was a large notice in the library to warn us all. I appealed, but only ended up paying more.
There is only one way to stop this, boycott the shops, which I have done for the past three years, as I feel until now they haven't been interested enough to help their customers.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 2 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 3 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 4 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 5 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 8 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 9 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
•Valerie Whitehead, Guardian Road, Norwich
•Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your comments below.