Reader letter: ‘I was caught out by parking at Earlham House shopping centre early on’
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I was one of the people who got caught on this car park early on.
I always used to park along the side and had done for about 30 years.
Admittedly I didn't read beyond the 'two hours free shopping' sign and thought I was OK.
Had it been a few weeks later I would have been, as it is now a legitimate parking area, but apparently, it wasn't at first.
I am a supporter of small shops and businesses but felt they could have done more to help their customers with regard to this issue.
You may also want to watch:
When the parking at the library on Colman Road changed there was a large notice in the library to warn us all. I appealed, but only ended up paying more.
There is only one way to stop this, boycott the shops, which I have done for the past three years, as I feel until now they haven't been interested enough to help their customers.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 3 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 8 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 9 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 10 What are your memories of Castle Quarter?
•Valerie Whitehead, Guardian Road, Norwich
•Send your letters for publication to email@example.com and leave your comments below.