Reader letter: I see the lights, but not the workers
- Credit: Archant
Nice to see James Marston's article 'road works everywhere but where are the workers'.
These traffic management companies should be made to put the traffic lights up when the work starts and the companies should work on the problem until it is all done.
At times I have passed a future work site on a Friday morning when the lights are going up and then going back in the evening with nothing having been done.
I then find the workmen arrive on the following Monday or Tuesday. Possibly only to dig a hole and leave it for a few days.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 7 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 10 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe