Reader letter: I see the lights, but not the workers
- Credit: Archant
Nice to see James Marston's article 'road works everywhere but where are the workers'.
These traffic management companies should be made to put the traffic lights up when the work starts and the companies should work on the problem until it is all done.
At times I have passed a future work site on a Friday morning when the lights are going up and then going back in the evening with nothing having been done.
I then find the workmen arrive on the following Monday or Tuesday. Possibly only to dig a hole and leave it for a few days.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development