Reader letter: I see the lights, but not the workers
- Credit: Archant
Nice to see James Marston's article 'road works everywhere but where are the workers'.
These traffic management companies should be made to put the traffic lights up when the work starts and the companies should work on the problem until it is all done.
At times I have passed a future work site on a Friday morning when the lights are going up and then going back in the evening with nothing having been done.
I then find the workmen arrive on the following Monday or Tuesday. Possibly only to dig a hole and leave it for a few days.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich