Reader letter: Here are some solutions to the free Norwich Tesco bus issue
- Credit: Danny Douglas
I was reading your online comments earlier this week re stopping the Blue Boar Lane Tesco free bus. Here are some solutions:
1) Cut out the Thorpe run.
2) Passengers to pay £1 each way.
3) Let the bus run twice a week, say Saturdays and Tuesdays.
4) Use a minibus apart from Bank Holidays, especially in the run-up to Christmas.
5) Just do the busy stops in Catton.
It makes me wonder how those against the free bus do their shopping?
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 6 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 7 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 8 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 9 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 10 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
M Jackson,Sale Road, Norwich