Reader Letter: I’ve decided to be younger
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One reader thinks attitude is a factor in aging. What do you think?
I was born with the NHS, my first two jobs were with the NHS: Norfolk Ambulance Service and nursing assistant at Dereham Hospital.
I go to bed early and rise early: early to bed, early to rise, makes a man (person) healthy wealthy and wise. My wealth is not material but in the richness of experience and relationships spanning decades.
Neuroscientists have established that a young at heart approach to life encourages a younger mind, heart, soul and body. Those who say they feel younger have the characteristics including more 'little grey cells' in their brains, and do better in memory and other tests. Such people have the qualities of younger people.
I take a leaf out of Coronation Street's actor Ken Roach, although I am chronologically a few hours older than when I went to bed I am (have decided to be) in fact younger.
You may also want to watch:
Research has shown that when those who feel younger lead more varied and active lives. Their brains age slower, deteriorate less rapidly and are healthier.
I keep comparatively young and active by having a regular but varied week, sleep and eat well, having fun, a reasonable social life and volunteering.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
I hope you will publish this letter to encourage people of all ages and 'conditions' to evaluate their lifestyle and enjoy and appreciate their lives, community and relationships.
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at email@example.com