Reader letter: We’re hoping to reconnect with old friends from Hainford
- Credit: PA
Do you remember Justen and Lynne Karlsson? They're hoping to get back in touch with some old friends from Norwich.
Myself and my wife left our home in Hainford, Norwich in 2010 to live in Luxor, Egypt.
The climate suited us and the people were warm and friendly. Then came the first Revolution, and things changed dramatically, this was followed by a second Revolution and just as we thought things could not get any worse they did, poverty among the local Egyptians is now widespread.
To us we found it hard to see children starving, and their parents looking downtrodden. So we decided to move and started visa application forms to go to our daughter's home in Cairns, Australia, we were almost complete when the English pound plummeted on the Brexit vote. The pound against the Australian dollar also went up and for a retired couple it made it too expensive to move.
We looked then at other cheaper places to go to so we could enjoy warm climates and find ourselves plenty to. We decided on Paphos, Cyprus. We have been in Paphos now 15 months and enjoy everything about it. There are two main seasons, summer and winter, the climate really suits us and our lives have changed from being bored to doing things most nights. We seem to have reverted to teenagers again.
Paphos has a high number of ex-pats, who we have met a few and enjoy an active social life. I have lost a lot of contact with people in Norwich due to me forgetting to back up my contact files when we moved to Paphos and would like to remake contact and keep in touch with Norwich life.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
So if anyone remembers us from eight years ago I would really like to be in contact again. Most of my work was in London, however I did work at Norwich Electrical and Eyre Electrical. My contact e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Justen and Lynne Karlsson