Reader Letter: Equip cyclists to turn lights green in Norwich
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
It would seem some people are unhappy at the amount of activity proposed to improve the lot of cyclists in Norwich.
Maybe the planners have not gone far enough, there are many other improvements that could be provided, for example:
1 Not many cyclists can keep up with the flow of traffic at 20mph, I'm sure 15mph would be better.
2 There are a few steep hills in Norwich, Grapes Hill, Kett's Hill, for example, which are in effect barriers to cyclists. A system of roadside ropes, of the style of a ski-lift would be much appreciated.
3 It would be simple to equip cycles with radio beacons to turn pedestrian traffic lights green for them instead of having to thread their way through pedestrians to proceed on their way as they have to do now.
You may also want to watch:
4 A dedicated cycle track with bridges over the river between the Martineau Lane roundabout and the Yarmouth road would cut out the tedious uphill stretches of Bracondale and King Street.
I'm sure if the thousands of Norwich cyclists were asked, many more equally useful features could be suggested.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Brian Mitchell, Ellcar Rise, Norwich