Reader letter: ‘Destruction at Thorpe Woods has to stop’
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Plans have again been submitted to build up to 300 homes on the beautiful and protected Thorpe woodland.
The plans have been resubmitted, and it seems as if this will continue to happen until they are passed. This practice has to stop.
These plans were squashed in 2014 and this decision should have been made permanent. How much more destruction of green land and woodland is going to be allowed?
We have already lost so many beautiful green areas and woodland in Thorpe and Sprowston, this madness has to stop. I don't have to name where these builds are or going to be, everyone knows, but just to mention one, the NDR. How many building sites is this alone going to spawn?
Enough is enough, and we the people in these areas want no more of this insanity and destruction.
You may also want to watch:
What did our beloved prime minister once promise, that the people living in any such areas will have the final say on developments?
What a joke.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
S Streeter, Thorpe