Reader letter: ‘Destruction at Thorpe Woods has to stop’
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Plans have again been submitted to build up to 300 homes on the beautiful and protected Thorpe woodland.
The plans have been resubmitted, and it seems as if this will continue to happen until they are passed. This practice has to stop.
These plans were squashed in 2014 and this decision should have been made permanent. How much more destruction of green land and woodland is going to be allowed?
We have already lost so many beautiful green areas and woodland in Thorpe and Sprowston, this madness has to stop. I don't have to name where these builds are or going to be, everyone knows, but just to mention one, the NDR. How many building sites is this alone going to spawn?
Enough is enough, and we the people in these areas want no more of this insanity and destruction.
What did our beloved prime minister once promise, that the people living in any such areas will have the final say on developments?
What a joke.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 8 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 9 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 10 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
S Streeter, Thorpe