Reader Letter: City pub is right to ban dogs
May I, on behalf of Wetherspoons (and every other outlet providing food and beverages) congratulate them on their stance to exclude dogs.
Animals and hygiene don't mix, and often neither do strangers and dogs!
Mrs Kerrison, as is the way with many dog owners (both responsible and irresponsible), believes she owns a friendly dog that won't bite people.
I am impatiently awaiting legislation that requires the muzzling of all dogs whilst out of their home environment.
Would Wetherspoon ban a dog that couldn't bite anybody? I don't think so. Although the hygiene issue remains…
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Hoyes, Park Lane, Norwich
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus