Reader Letter: City pub is right to ban dogs
May I, on behalf of Wetherspoons (and every other outlet providing food and beverages) congratulate them on their stance to exclude dogs.
Animals and hygiene don't mix, and often neither do strangers and dogs!
Mrs Kerrison, as is the way with many dog owners (both responsible and irresponsible), believes she owns a friendly dog that won't bite people.
I am impatiently awaiting legislation that requires the muzzling of all dogs whilst out of their home environment.
Would Wetherspoon ban a dog that couldn't bite anybody? I don't think so. Although the hygiene issue remains…
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Hoyes, Park Lane, Norwich
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?