Reader Letter: The pavements aren’t safe
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
One reader thinks obstructed pavements pose a danger. What do you think?
Many times in Norwich we have seen inconsiderate parking of vehicles on the pavement, causing for example mothers with prams and young children having to go onto a dangerous road to negotiate the obstruction.
I would like to add my experience concerning the dangerous life of a pedestrian in Norwich.
Having spent a pleasant Saturday afternoon at the theatre watching the wonderful musical Miss Saigon my partner and I almost became motor vehicle casualties on the pavement.
Whilst walking past the Travelodge on Queens Road we were alerted to the sound of a taxi driving on the pavement behind us causing us to jump out of the way as he was not about to stop.
You may also want to watch:
After a few choice words you don't hear in the Bible we could see he could not be bothered waiting in the taxi rank queue and wanted to make a quick get away.
Do any of your readers know which part of the Highway Code this manoeuvre belongs to and what evasive action is recommended?
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 7 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Do you agree with our reader? Let us know in the comments below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org