Reader Letter: Access restrictions need to be made clearer in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
When will the police or traffic authorities realise that the signage for the recently restricted routes in the city centre is not up to the job?
While waiting at the bus stop on Rampant Horse Street each evening I frequently see cars ignore the restrictions and drive through the pinch-point speed bump and then proceed down the bus and taxi only route.
I also watched a pair of ladies of mature age drive through the restriction, down past M&S on the wrong side of the carriageway, cross St Stephen's, and then attempt to drive up Westlegate.
Similar breaches happen at the top of Westlegate. I've flagged down drivers and advised them of their mistake; some are blindly following non-updated sat navs.
The access restrictions need to be made clearer and/or staffed by officers to catch culprits, of which I'm sure some must be repeat offenders.
Jonathan Ninham, Killington, Norwich.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 8 'The end of an icon' - A look back at the history of The Talk
- 9 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 10 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts