Reader Letter: Access restrictions need to be made clearer in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
When will the police or traffic authorities realise that the signage for the recently restricted routes in the city centre is not up to the job?
While waiting at the bus stop on Rampant Horse Street each evening I frequently see cars ignore the restrictions and drive through the pinch-point speed bump and then proceed down the bus and taxi only route.
I also watched a pair of ladies of mature age drive through the restriction, down past M&S on the wrong side of the carriageway, cross St Stephen's, and then attempt to drive up Westlegate.
Similar breaches happen at the top of Westlegate. I've flagged down drivers and advised them of their mistake; some are blindly following non-updated sat navs.
The access restrictions need to be made clearer and/or staffed by officers to catch culprits, of which I'm sure some must be repeat offenders.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Ninham, Killington, Norwich.
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 4 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 5 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 6 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 7 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid