Reader letter: A plea to Norwich’s drivers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
I would like to point out a fact to the wonderful drivers of Norwich. I am disappointed at the sheer number of people who do not read the signs at the top of Earlham Road regarding when they can use the bus lane.
It clearly states 7.30 to 9.30am. I have stopped myself from driving on this road in busy times as I cannot cope with the abuse you get from other drivers and of course I love sitting in a massive queue for no reason. Going back a few years I actually got pulled over by a very impolite off-duty police officer who was unhappy at what I had done!
The only reason I have written this letter is because last night, on one of the busiest shopping nights of the year, my son in-law decided to take us into the city and guess which road he used? Yep, you guessed it and it happened again! More abuse and arguments.
Please could someone speak up about this matter as I'm sure there are other people with the same views.
You may also want to watch:
• Michael Ong, Norwich.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse