Reader letter: A plea to Norwich’s drivers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
I would like to point out a fact to the wonderful drivers of Norwich. I am disappointed at the sheer number of people who do not read the signs at the top of Earlham Road regarding when they can use the bus lane.
It clearly states 7.30 to 9.30am. I have stopped myself from driving on this road in busy times as I cannot cope with the abuse you get from other drivers and of course I love sitting in a massive queue for no reason. Going back a few years I actually got pulled over by a very impolite off-duty police officer who was unhappy at what I had done!
The only reason I have written this letter is because last night, on one of the busiest shopping nights of the year, my son in-law decided to take us into the city and guess which road he used? Yep, you guessed it and it happened again! More abuse and arguments.
Please could someone speak up about this matter as I'm sure there are other people with the same views.
You may also want to watch:
• Michael Ong, Norwich.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 8 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 9 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 10 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating