Razor thief cut down to size
David BaleA prolific criminal has been ordered to do community work after a court heard how he targeted a store in a Norwich shopping centre.David Bale
A prolific criminal has been ordered to do community work after a court heard how he targeted a store in a Norwich shopping centre.
Darrell Cubitt, 38, of Cadge Road, North Earlham, pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday to stealing a razor, worth �97.89, from Boots at the Mall Norwich, and also going equipped to steal, both on February 4.
Prosecutor Lisa Britton said Cubitt placed the razor in a carrier bag lined with foil, but was stopped by security outside the store.
She said Cubitt had 42 previous convictions but the last was in 2000.
You may also want to watch:
Cubitt, who was not represented in court, said: 'I got myself into debt and I did not mean to do what I did. I am sorry. I went 10 years without any trouble and I don't want to go back to that life.'
He was handed a 12 month community order and ordered to do 60 hours unpaid work. No order for costs was made.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 8 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house