Village to open new sports pavilion after £98,000 face lift
- Credit: Archant
A community sports pavilion is to be officially reopened after receiving a £98,000 makeover.
Rackheath Parish Council's changing pavilion, on Rackheath playing fields recently received a combined grant of £98,906 from the Premier League, The FA and Government's Football Foundation to upgrade its facilities.
The money has been used to create a modern two-team changing pavilion which includes an officials' room, spectator toilets, meeting room and multi-function social space plus a kitchen servery.
It is hoped the upgrade will help to sustain the local 11v11 game by serving as the home ground to five adult men's clubs.
Partner club Wroxham FC has also joined forces wit the parish council to form a help junior football teams in the area to flourish.
You may also want to watch:
The official reopening of the new sports pavilion will take place at 11am on Saturday, September 28.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school