Rackheath pub gets a revamp
Landlords at a revamped Rackheath pub have taken as their motto a sign given to them by a customer that says 'Enter as strangers, leave as friends'.
Lyn Window and husband Martin took over the Sole and Heel in December 2009, following an extensive refurbishment in the kitchen, restaurant and bar area.
They spent 2010 painting the outside of the pub and putting in a patio area and two decking areas in the beer garden.
Mrs Window said: 'For us 2010 was hard work but we started to build up regular trade in both the bar and restaurant.
'One of our proudest achievements has been seeing customers come in to the pub for the first time, despite living in the village for 40 years.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year the landlords refurbished the inside of the pub, had a new carpet fitted, redecorated, installed a new seating area and bought all new restaurant furniture, to give the pub a brighter, more spacious feel.
Mrs Window added: 'A customer gave us the sign 'Enter as strangers, leave as friends', which is our motto, and a warm welcome greets every single person that walks through the door.'
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 4 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 5 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
The pub is included in the Camra Good Beer Guide 2011/2012.
The Evening News has been urging customers to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Has your pub recently undergone a makeover or is just about to? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.