How well do you know secret Norwich? Take our quiz
- Credit: Archant
Plentiful boozers and cobbled streets, Norwich is famous for its picturesque centre and rich history - but there's a whole lot more than meets the eye. Take our interactive quiz to test your weird Norwich knowledge.
Did you know, for example, The Beatles performed on Prince Of Wales road one week before their first number 1?
And that fear spread like wild fire when Jonathan Davey announced he intended to 'put a hole in the Kings Head'? He didn't actually get round to murdering the monarch, but instead knocked down the Kings Head pub to make way for Davey Place.
This trivia, and our quiz, is based on a new walking tour of Norwich, Know Norwich.
Guided by volunteer city hosts, the hour-long, weekly tour is designed to uncover the city's quirks.
You may also want to watch:
The tour is part of an initiative to promote community and culture.
Find out more www.norwichbid.co.uk
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding