Quiz: How well do you know your Norwich City and Aston Villa links?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head to Villa Park this weekend for a reunion of sorts with a former player.
Steve Bruce served the Canaries with distinction between 1984 and 1987, making more than 140 appearances before leaving Carrow Road for Manchester United.
Bruce also scored one of the most iconic goals in City's history when he bagged the winner against East Anglian derby rivals Ipswich Town in the Milk Cup semi-final in 1985.
The 56-year-old is now on his ninth managerial role, having joined Villa in October last year.
There are other managerial links between City and Villa: Paul Lambert infamously left Carrow Road in 2012 to move to the Midlands, while his mentor, Martin O'Neill, had two spells as a Canaries player in the early 1980s before becoming manager in 1995 – and was Villa manager from 2006 to 2010. Plus the great Ron Saunders of course.
You may also want to watch:
There are plenty of playing links too – but how well do you know them? Try our quiz...
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 3 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 4 Norwich Ikea store excluded from new 'Buy Back' scheme
- 5 Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- 6 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 7 Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open Norwich branch
- 8 Music pub builds outdoor stage to allow gigs for 150 people
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Meet Norwich's pub detective shining a light on the city's past