Hundreds of people queue for Build-A-Bear ‘Pay Your Age Day’ in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people have been queueing this morning at a Norwich shopping centre to get their hands on a cheap teddy bear.
Queues snaked around intu Chapelfield as people waited to get into the Build-A-Bear shop for its first ever 'Pay Your Age Day' event. Club members of the popular store will be able to pay whatever their age is for their new furry friend.
One shopper said it was 'mayhem' in the city shopping centre and Chris Goreham, of BBC Radio Norfolk, tweeted that he thought a new iPhone was out when he saw the queues.
He said: 'Hundreds of people queuing in @intuChapelfield (seriously, around 600 the security guy told me). I assumed there was a new iPhone out. Nope. Special offer at Build A Bear... Oh well, that's one way to come to terms with World Cup.'
But people wanting to get their hands on a new teddy bear have been warned of long waiting times.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the Build-A-Bear website said: 'Thank you for the unprecedented response over the last 24 hours to our Pay Your Age Day event! As a result, we want to let you know that we are anticipating the potential of long lines and wait times. We will make every effort to help as many guests as possible participate in this first-time event.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
- 10 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners