Puppet show teaches children to respect and protect the ocean
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren explored the mysteries of the deep blue sea with a musical puppet show.
Pupils from Years 3 and 4 at Taverham Hall School were visited by Lempen Puppet Theatre Company, who brought their 'Cool Sea Explorers Roadshow' to Norfolk.
The company's use of puppetry, masks, music and animation allowed the students to enjoy the show as well as take on board the message that we should take more care of the oceans.
Daniel and Liz Lempen, based in North Yorkshire, have been telling original stories since 1987, and they
entertained Taverham pupils with the story of The Fisherman and the Pearl.
Reception teacher Sally Barter said:'It was a captivating performance.
'Experiences such as these are invaluable in helping to educate our young pupils to care for their world.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 5 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
- 9 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 10 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
The pupils also enjoyed the show, as Year 4 pupil Patience Wakefield said: 'It was really educational, it told us how we pollute the sea and how to protect the ocean.'
After the show, the older children school had the opportunity to ask questions and offer their own thoughts about the ocean and the need to protect it.
Year 4 teacher Sue Rust said: 'Through story-telling, the show highlighted how mankind's over-fishing and use of our oceans causes serious pollution problems.
'It really gave the children a good understanding of the ocean and the need to protect it for themselves and future generations.'
Are you holding an inspirational event for chidlren at your school? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.