Puppet show teaches children to respect and protect the ocean
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren explored the mysteries of the deep blue sea with a musical puppet show.
Pupils from Years 3 and 4 at Taverham Hall School were visited by Lempen Puppet Theatre Company, who brought their 'Cool Sea Explorers Roadshow' to Norfolk.
The company's use of puppetry, masks, music and animation allowed the students to enjoy the show as well as take on board the message that we should take more care of the oceans.
Daniel and Liz Lempen, based in North Yorkshire, have been telling original stories since 1987, and they
entertained Taverham pupils with the story of The Fisherman and the Pearl.
You may also want to watch:
Reception teacher Sally Barter said:'It was a captivating performance.
'Experiences such as these are invaluable in helping to educate our young pupils to care for their world.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
The pupils also enjoyed the show, as Year 4 pupil Patience Wakefield said: 'It was really educational, it told us how we pollute the sea and how to protect the ocean.'
After the show, the older children school had the opportunity to ask questions and offer their own thoughts about the ocean and the need to protect it.
Year 4 teacher Sue Rust said: 'Through story-telling, the show highlighted how mankind's over-fishing and use of our oceans causes serious pollution problems.
'It really gave the children a good understanding of the ocean and the need to protect it for themselves and future generations.'
Are you holding an inspirational event for chidlren at your school? Email email@example.com.