Pupils explore new library with children’s author, Wes Magee, in Norwich
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
Students celebrated the opening of their new school library.
Young bookworms at Norwich Primary Academy, in Clarkson Road, were joined by Wes Magee, a children's author, who helped them get in touch with their creative side.
Mr Magee led a school assembly, featuring some of his most popular poems, Stroke the Cat and Boneyard Rap. He then ran writing workshops for pupils in years two and six.
Children created poems of their own to share at the opening ceremony.
Mr Magee cut the purple tape, officially opening the bright purple building and pupils shared their own poems before heading inside to explore.
You may also want to watch:
Tessa Holledge, principal of Norwich Primary Academy, said: 'We had a library before which was very popular but it often got used as an additional space for teaching.
'By moving things around we now have extra teaching space plus a dedicated library that is open at lunchtime and breaks for children to come and enjoy.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
'We are very proud of the improvements we have made since becoming an academy, with 75pc of pupils now going to high school with good reading, writing, and maths, up from less than a third before. We hope the new library will help us do even better for our pupils.'
The new library is part of a £120,000 investment in Norwich Primary Academy. The improvements have included new offices and updated classroom spaces.
- If you have a news story about an opening ceremony, email email@example.com