Pupils explore new library with children’s author, Wes Magee, in Norwich
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
Students celebrated the opening of their new school library.
Young bookworms at Norwich Primary Academy, in Clarkson Road, were joined by Wes Magee, a children's author, who helped them get in touch with their creative side.
Mr Magee led a school assembly, featuring some of his most popular poems, Stroke the Cat and Boneyard Rap. He then ran writing workshops for pupils in years two and six.
Children created poems of their own to share at the opening ceremony.
Mr Magee cut the purple tape, officially opening the bright purple building and pupils shared their own poems before heading inside to explore.
You may also want to watch:
Tessa Holledge, principal of Norwich Primary Academy, said: 'We had a library before which was very popular but it often got used as an additional space for teaching.
'By moving things around we now have extra teaching space plus a dedicated library that is open at lunchtime and breaks for children to come and enjoy.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
'We are very proud of the improvements we have made since becoming an academy, with 75pc of pupils now going to high school with good reading, writing, and maths, up from less than a third before. We hope the new library will help us do even better for our pupils.'
The new library is part of a £120,000 investment in Norwich Primary Academy. The improvements have included new offices and updated classroom spaces.
- If you have a news story about an opening ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org