Pupils at The Parkside School in Norwich design cakes for Foster Care Fortnight
- Credit: Archant
Children at a complex needs school have come up with designs for cakes to celebrate Foster Care Fortnight - and one lucky winner saw hers brought to delicious life thanks to a local cake studio.
Fostering Solutions, an independent fostering agency, joined forces with The Parkside School, Norwich to 'Bake the Difference' and raise awareness of fostering in the local community.
The primary school pupils were asked to design their own creation to show support for fostering in the area, and their designs were then judged by the local community at the Fostering Solutions office in Norwich.
The winning creation, by Shannon Brown, was then baked by staff at Linzers Cake Studio, who offered their services free of charge to support the cause.
Barry Payne, headteacher at The Parkside School, said: 'The care of children is incredibly important to us, and we are thrilled and honoured to be able to offer our support to Fostering Solutions.
'Our pupils thoroughly enjoyed working together to produce some fantastic creations, whilst learning new skills and the importance of fostering.'
Martin Cook, of Linzers Cake Studio, added: 'It's fantastic to be able to help raise awareness for a fantastic cause. We really enjoyed bringing the winning masterpiece to life.'
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
The project has been organised in support of the National Fostering Network's 'Bake the Difference' campaign, part of national Foster Care Fortnight, raising awareness of the fantastic work done by foster carers across the UK, as well as bringing attention to the constant demand for people to foster children and offer a safe and secure home.
For more information on the event and the work that Fostering Solutions does, see www.fosteringsolutions.com
Have you or your school done anything to support Foster Care Fortnight? Email email@example.com