Pupils at The Parkside School in Norwich design cakes for Foster Care Fortnight
- Credit: Archant
Children at a complex needs school have come up with designs for cakes to celebrate Foster Care Fortnight - and one lucky winner saw hers brought to delicious life thanks to a local cake studio.
Fostering Solutions, an independent fostering agency, joined forces with The Parkside School, Norwich to 'Bake the Difference' and raise awareness of fostering in the local community.
The primary school pupils were asked to design their own creation to show support for fostering in the area, and their designs were then judged by the local community at the Fostering Solutions office in Norwich.
The winning creation, by Shannon Brown, was then baked by staff at Linzers Cake Studio, who offered their services free of charge to support the cause.
Barry Payne, headteacher at The Parkside School, said: 'The care of children is incredibly important to us, and we are thrilled and honoured to be able to offer our support to Fostering Solutions.
You may also want to watch:
'Our pupils thoroughly enjoyed working together to produce some fantastic creations, whilst learning new skills and the importance of fostering.'
Martin Cook, of Linzers Cake Studio, added: 'It's fantastic to be able to help raise awareness for a fantastic cause. We really enjoyed bringing the winning masterpiece to life.'
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
The project has been organised in support of the National Fostering Network's 'Bake the Difference' campaign, part of national Foster Care Fortnight, raising awareness of the fantastic work done by foster carers across the UK, as well as bringing attention to the constant demand for people to foster children and offer a safe and secure home.
For more information on the event and the work that Fostering Solutions does, see www.fosteringsolutions.com
Have you or your school done anything to support Foster Care Fortnight? Email firstname.lastname@example.org