Pupils at Norwich Primary Academy treated to £40,000 new playground
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters returning to a Norwich primary school in September will have a new £40,000 outdoor classroom and playground to explore.
The new play area at Norwich Primary Academy, in Clarkson Road was installed at the end of the summer term with the finishing touches added over the school holidays.
Built with a 'wild wood' theme, the playground includes a den, a crawl tunnel, climbing frame with balance boards, as well as a story telling area.
Damian Weare, Norwich Primary Academy principal said: 'Our pupils really enjoyed getting an early taste of the new playground at the end of term, and I'm sure both new and returning pupils will love using it from September.
'It has areas for both outdoor learning and play and is a real boost to what we can offer to our younger pupils.'
You may also want to watch:
The new playground is part of continued investment in the school by the Inspiration Trust.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station