Pupils at Norwich Primary Academy treated to £40,000 new playground
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters returning to a Norwich primary school in September will have a new £40,000 outdoor classroom and playground to explore.
The new play area at Norwich Primary Academy, in Clarkson Road was installed at the end of the summer term with the finishing touches added over the school holidays.
Built with a 'wild wood' theme, the playground includes a den, a crawl tunnel, climbing frame with balance boards, as well as a story telling area.
Damian Weare, Norwich Primary Academy principal said: 'Our pupils really enjoyed getting an early taste of the new playground at the end of term, and I'm sure both new and returning pupils will love using it from September.
'It has areas for both outdoor learning and play and is a real boost to what we can offer to our younger pupils.'
You may also want to watch:
The new playground is part of continued investment in the school by the Inspiration Trust.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats