Public deserve say on city junction
- Credit: Archant © 2011
The Leopold Road/Newmarket Road junction has been closed since January, ostensibly for road and cycle path improvements.
Work was completed in early February, and nothing done since, but the junction remains closed.
Leopold is the only junction that is traffic light controlled, allowing safe access onto Newmarket Road. Local residents have learnt in the last 24 hours that the closure may remain in place permanently.
There has been no attempt to obtain local opinion, and it seems very underhand and dishonest to pretend that the closure was for a finite period.
It is difficult and dangerous to get onto Newmarket Road without the traffic lights at Leopold Road.
You may also want to watch:
As a local resident, who has found the last two months very difficult, I am concerned and angry at the prospect of a permanent closure.
- 1 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Wensum Wonderland launching this Christmas with ice rink, market and rides
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Gonzo's bar saved and set to reopen after funding deal agreed
- 5 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 6 Town to shine this Christmas
- 7 Thousands of jobs at risk as Debenhams faces closure
- 8 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 9 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running