Public deserve say on city junction
- Credit: Archant © 2011
The Leopold Road/Newmarket Road junction has been closed since January, ostensibly for road and cycle path improvements.
Work was completed in early February, and nothing done since, but the junction remains closed.
Leopold is the only junction that is traffic light controlled, allowing safe access onto Newmarket Road. Local residents have learnt in the last 24 hours that the closure may remain in place permanently.
There has been no attempt to obtain local opinion, and it seems very underhand and dishonest to pretend that the closure was for a finite period.
It is difficult and dangerous to get onto Newmarket Road without the traffic lights at Leopold Road.
You may also want to watch:
As a local resident, who has found the last two months very difficult, I am concerned and angry at the prospect of a permanent closure.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding