Pub holds party for Canaries' fans
David BaleA Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on SaturdayDavid Bale
A Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on Saturday.
Celebrations will start at the Queen of the Iceni pub at Riverside after the home game against Carlisle United.
The pub will be decorated in yellow and green balloons, as well as Norwich City banners and flags, and The Wolf Brewery, based in Attleborough, has also brewed a commemorative ale for the occasion. The beer, which is called We Are Going Up (3.7pc ABV), will be available exclusively at the pub on the day.
Alasdair Peat, pub manager at the Queen of the Iceni, said: 'The pub is so close to Norwich's stadium and is a usual popular pre- and post-match haunt for Canaries' fans.
'We are keen to mark the team's excellent achievement with a party and hope that supporters will have a memorable day.'
There will also be a DJ playing in the pub from 4pm until closing at 1am.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 6 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 7 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 8 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 9 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 10 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
The Evening News' Love Your Local Campaign aims to get punters back into pubs or risk them losing for good.
For more stories about the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Is your local pub holding a party to celebrate the Canaries' promotion as champions? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.