Pub holds party for Canaries' fans
David BaleA Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on SaturdayDavid Bale
A Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on Saturday.
Celebrations will start at the Queen of the Iceni pub at Riverside after the home game against Carlisle United.
The pub will be decorated in yellow and green balloons, as well as Norwich City banners and flags, and The Wolf Brewery, based in Attleborough, has also brewed a commemorative ale for the occasion. The beer, which is called We Are Going Up (3.7pc ABV), will be available exclusively at the pub on the day.
Alasdair Peat, pub manager at the Queen of the Iceni, said: 'The pub is so close to Norwich's stadium and is a usual popular pre- and post-match haunt for Canaries' fans.
'We are keen to mark the team's excellent achievement with a party and hope that supporters will have a memorable day.'
There will also be a DJ playing in the pub from 4pm until closing at 1am.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
The Evening News' Love Your Local Campaign aims to get punters back into pubs or risk them losing for good.
For more stories about the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Is your local pub holding a party to celebrate the Canaries' promotion as champions? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.