Pub holds party for Canaries' fans
David BaleA Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on SaturdayDavid Bale
A Norwich pub is celebrating the Canaries' promotion with an end of season party on Saturday.
Celebrations will start at the Queen of the Iceni pub at Riverside after the home game against Carlisle United.
The pub will be decorated in yellow and green balloons, as well as Norwich City banners and flags, and The Wolf Brewery, based in Attleborough, has also brewed a commemorative ale for the occasion. The beer, which is called We Are Going Up (3.7pc ABV), will be available exclusively at the pub on the day.
Alasdair Peat, pub manager at the Queen of the Iceni, said: 'The pub is so close to Norwich's stadium and is a usual popular pre- and post-match haunt for Canaries' fans.
You may also want to watch:
'We are keen to mark the team's excellent achievement with a party and hope that supporters will have a memorable day.'
There will also be a DJ playing in the pub from 4pm until closing at 1am.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
The Evening News' Love Your Local Campaign aims to get punters back into pubs or risk them losing for good.
For more stories about the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Is your local pub holding a party to celebrate the Canaries' promotion as champions? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.