Professor Green to play Norwich festival
British rap act Professor Green will join the bumper bill for the Norfolk Spectacular.
The MC will join grime sensation Devlin, Alexandra Burke, Chipmunk, Example, Chase and Status Live and Eliza Doolittle for the Saturday line-up of Norfolk's first R&B and pop festival.
More than 30,000 people are expected to descend on the Norfolk Showground, Costessey, for the weekend event, which will take place on Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4.
Artists set to perform on the Sunday include Tinie Tempah, Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder, N-Dubz, Maverick Sabre and Yasmin.
Event organiser Dion Clements said: 'We totally thrilled to announce that Professor Green is now confirmed to perform at the Norfolk Spectacular in September. With yet another top-drawer name added to the bill, this is looking like an amazing couple of nights of pure UK R&B, hip hop and rap, bringing together all the pioneers and hottest artists in their particular field.'
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Paul Manderson, better known by his stage name Professor Green, was born in 1983 in Hackney, London.
He started his rap career on The Beats record label created by Mike Skinner from The Streets, until the company folded in 2008.
- 1 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 2 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
He was later signed to Virgin Records where he released his debut album Alive Till I'm Dead, which features guest vocals from Lily Allen, Emeli Sand�, Fink and Labrinth.
Mr Clements continued: 'Tinie Tempah, Chase & Status, N-Dubz, Tinchy Stryder, Eliza Doolittle, Taio Cruz, Alexandra Burke, Example, Chipmunk, Labrinth, Yasmin and Maverick Sabre are all confirmed to share the weekend billing.
'With more announcements to be made, it could already be argued the Norfolk Spectacular will be the biggest outdoor MOBO event in the UK.'
Tickets cost �45 per day. Camping tickets cost �110 for three nights camping and are only available at www.ticketeast.co.uk.
Disabled tickets are only available at www.ticketmaster.co.uk
For more information visit www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or ring the booking number on 0871 224 113.
Are you organising a big event in Norwich? Contact us on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com