Norwich steakhouse launches home delivery kits
- Credit: Archant
Prime at The Edith Cavell in Norwich is making sure regulars don’t miss out on steak night during lockdown by launching cook at home boxes.
The Edith Cavell pub has been run by brothers Ben and Tom Edwards since 2012 and the pair also have Prime restaurant upstairs, where steaks are served on volcanic hot rocks.
While the premises is currently shut due to coronavirus, the brothers have adapted and decided to launch home steak kits, which they are delivering between 12pm and 5pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Each box serves two and customers get a choice of Chateaubriand, fillet or rib eye steak, which comes with hand cut chips, macaroni cheese, seasonal greens, peppercorn sauce and garlic butter.
The food will need to be warmed up at home and the only thing uncooked is the steak, which is sourced locally from Swannington Farm to Fork, so customers can cook it how they like it.
There is also a sticky toffee pudding and strawberry cheesecake available for dessert for those with a sweet tooth.
Ben Edwards, 31, said: “Since coronavirus it has been essentially trying to figure out how to move forward and get trading again and we have been looking at lots of different ideas and methods of how to get our products out there.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 4 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 5 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 8 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 9 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 10 Customised coat used by family of shoplifters in city spree
“It is crucial to adapt and times are changing in the restaurant industry and even when we come out of this people are still going to be nervous.
“The feedback on social media has been really positive and we have had quite a few orders already.”
The brothers also run Steak in the Stix with chef Michal Szczerbinski at The Ratcatchers pub in Cawston and they are now doing takeaways every Saturday and Sunday from 3pm to 8pm.
It will be collection only and all the food will be hot, ready to take home or enjoy outside, and the street food-inspired menu includes flank steak, lemon, soy, honey and ginger marinated chicken breast and halloumi sticks.
Call 01603 879729 to order from Steak in the Stix and for Prime pre-order at dine-with-prime.com by 10pm on Wednesdays.