Pride paraders are urged to Put on the Ritz when they hit the streets
- Credit: Archant
People taking part in Norwich Pride are being encouraged to use a forthcoming show at the Norwich Theatre Royal as inspiration for their costumes.
The annual Norwich Pride parade will coincide this year with performances of the song and dance show Puttin' On The Ritz, which will run for a week at the Theatre Royal.
The show will star Kristina Rihanoff and Robin Windsor from the BBC show Strictly Come Dancing.
The show aims to celebrate the golden age of movies with exciting song and dance routines.
With the show's arrival corresponding with Norwich Pride on July 25, it is hoped that people will take ideas from the style of clothing worn during the show. Ms Rihanoff said: 'It features some great music which is fantastic to dance to, and it is a show that Robin and I are looking forward to. There is a lot of style in the show and it will be great to perform in – we cannot wait.'
Nick O'Brien, chairman of Norwich Pride 2015, said: 'We want this year's Pride Parade to be the most gloriously colourful yet and we're delighted that Putttin' on the Ritz will bring even more glamour and sparkle to the day.'
The show will run between Tuesday, July 21, and Saturday, July 25 at 2.30 and 7.30pm.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 9 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 10 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
Tickets will cost in the region of £8 to £33 and to book log onto www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
Are you putting on a show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org