Prelude Records in Norwich will be greatly missed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Whilst I can understand why Andrew Cane has decided to close Prelude Records it is sad.
With an unequalled selection of classical and other recordings, his vast knowledge and the excellent service he has provided, he will be missed by many.
I remember enquiring about a recording which, on checking, he told me was no longer available.
Some months later he telephoned me at home to say the recording had been reissued under another label.
I still enjoy that recording.
You may also want to watch:
How good is that?
It is typical of the service he and his staff provided.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 3 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 10 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
I do hope he will operate a mail order service after he closes.
Terry Rands, Dereham Road, Ovington.